Congratulations on your recent engagement and your pending nuptials!
Christ himself has called us to "Love one another as I have loved you" (John 13:34). Because marriage is a lifelong commitment and because through this Sacrament you ask our Lord Himself to unite you, our parish community desires to help you prepare for that serious commitment you are about to make to one another.
Diocese of Venice Policy regarding Marriage
Be sure to begin your engagement in prayer and continue to pray to ask the Lord’s guidance as you plan your wedding day and your future life together.
Approved preparation information for all engaged couples within the Diocese is called Witness to Love.
Parish Policy regarding Marriage
Steps to plan your wedding at San Pedro Catholic Church:
- Contact Anne in the Office of Faith Formation at least 6 months prior to your planned wedding date.
- Be a registered and active member at San Pedro Parish or another Catholic Church, if you belong to another parish you need a letter of permission from your Pastor to receive the Sacrament of Matrimony.
- Obtain a current copy of the bride's and groom's Baptismal Certificate from the church where you were baptized.
Again, congratulations on this exciting time in your life. We at San Pedro look forward to helping you make your wedding day beautiful and your marriage an eternal sign of God's love.
Please contact San Pedro's Office of Faith Formation to pre-register for the baptism workshop held once a month on a Saturday.
Requirements for baptism are as follows:
- Parents are required to attend a preparation class. Contact the Office of Faith Formation at 941-426-2893
- Parents must be registered and active members of San Pedro. If you are not a member of San Pedro, you need a letter from your Pastor granting permission to have your child baptized in this parish.
- Godparents need to be 16 years of age, and at least one of the godparents must be a practicing Catholic. (i.e. attends Mass and receives the sacraments regularly).
- Godparents must have received the sacrament of Confirmation.
- If the godparents are not parishioners here at San Pedro, a letter from their parish stating that they are a parishioner in good standing is required.